Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-28-2017, 08:53 AM
JeepXLC's Avatar
JeepXLC JeepXLC is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 11
JeepXLC is on a distinguished road
Default BTA10200 - did i break it?

ok i need help.

I bought a BTA10200 off craigslist to experiment with since i'm new to car audio and i wanted something cheap and expendible to learn with in case i messed up... and i think i might have.

Hooking it up to my challenger, which is the 276 watt 6 speaker system. i jumped it off the rear deck speakers to a LOC. and then RCA to the BTA10250 fast harness.

my first attempt to hook it up seemed to go well. the green light came on. it took me a while to find a fuse in my PDC that was key on instead of constant on for the remote lead... but i found one eventually. my problem that night was that i had no sound coming out.

I did some research and discovered i forgot to hook up my ground on my LOC. (It's a best buy TCLOC2 if it matters). so i hooked that up, then plugged everything back in.

and now the green light won't come back on. i've checked my power and fuses. they're all good, and i'm getting 12 volts at the power wire, and the remote wire.

from what i can gather, i know my next step should be to check the resistance on my ground, but that should be fine since it's still hooked up from when i did the first installation. i'll check it on my next attempt, but i expect it to be fine.

the only thing i can think of is that i heard some static poppiness when i plugged in the power cord. i may have plugged in the Fast harness before i plugged in the power. but i don't really know i'm trying to trouble shoot from memory now.

operating under the assumption that my ground is good... what would my next trouble shooting step be?

the light is not lighting up at all. not green. not orange. just nothing.
__________________
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5
2016 Charger
R/T Black Top Plum Crazy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:02 AM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,182
Thanks: 379
Thanked 845 Times in 759 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 855
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXLC View Post
ok i need help.

I bought a BTA10200 off craigslist to experiment with since i'm new to car audio and i wanted something cheap and expendible to learn with in case i messed up... and i think i might have.

Hooking it up to my challenger, which is the 276 watt 6 speaker system. i jumped it off the rear deck speakers to a LOC. and then RCA to the BTA10250 fast harness.

my first attempt to hook it up seemed to go well. the green light came on. it took me a while to find a fuse in my PDC that was key on instead of constant on for the remote lead... but i found one eventually. my problem that night was that i had no sound coming out.

I did some research and discovered i forgot to hook up my ground on my LOC. (It's a best buy TCLOC2 if it matters). so i hooked that up, then plugged everything back in.

and now the green light won't come back on. i've checked my power and fuses. they're all good, and i'm getting 12 volts at the power wire, and the remote wire.

from what i can gather, i know my next step should be to check the resistance on my ground, but that should be fine since it's still hooked up from when i did the first installation. i'll check it on my next attempt, but i expect it to be fine.

the only thing i can think of is that i heard some static poppiness when i plugged in the power cord. i may have plugged in the Fast harness before i plugged in the power. but i don't really know i'm trying to trouble shoot from memory now.

operating under the assumption that my ground is good... what would my next trouble shooting step be?

the light is not lighting up at all. not green. not orange. just nothing.
The next step is to check all of your fuses.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:14 AM
JeepXLC's Avatar
JeepXLC JeepXLC is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 11
JeepXLC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

already done. they are fine.

the inline 30 amp fuse in the power cord is good and the 5 amp fuse i have on my remote line is good. both lines are supplying 12 volts at the plugs.

**thank you for reading and helping.
__________________
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5
2016 Charger
R/T Black Top Plum Crazy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2017, 10:17 AM
JeepXLC's Avatar
JeepXLC JeepXLC is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 11
JeepXLC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

is there another fuse in the tube on the amp itself i can check? i wasn't sure if i should start taking things apart yet.
__________________
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5
2016 Charger
R/T Black Top Plum Crazy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:45 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,182
Thanks: 379
Thanked 845 Times in 759 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 855
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXLC View Post
is there another fuse in the tube on the amp itself i can check? i wasn't sure if i should start taking things apart yet.
No, there are no internal fuses. In re-reading your initial post, I noticed this, "Hooking it up to my challenger, which is the 276 watt 6 speaker system. i jumped it off the rear deck speakers to a LOC. and then RCA to the BTA10250 fast harness." These two harnesses are not interchangeable, the BTA10250D will not work with the BTA10200, and there is no FAST Harness for the BTA10250D.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:51 PM
JeepXLC's Avatar
JeepXLC JeepXLC is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 11
JeepXLC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

you're right, i'm calling it the wrong thing. i thought they referred to all of their wiring kits as fast.

https://www.amazon.com/BAZOOKA-WIRIN...oka+wiring+kit

i used that.
__________________
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5
2016 Charger
R/T Black Top Plum Crazy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-28-2017, 12:58 PM
JeepXLC's Avatar
JeepXLC JeepXLC is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 11
JeepXLC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

i checked the wiring diagrams for the bta10200 and bta10250 and they're the same. with the exception of the line out feature on the 250 that isn't shown on the 200.

the molex connector is the same and all the pins are in the same place. the power wires are the same. my assumption was that the 250 is just the current model that replaced the 200.

but this is also my first experience with this, so while it makes sense to me that the parts look interchangeable, i'm willing to accept i screwed something up because i don't know any better.

that's where i'm at now. i've reached a point where my own knowledge has failed. i think i fried the amp, but i don't know how i would have, and i don't know how to verify that it's dead. especially since it was lit up and appeared to be working the night before.
__________________
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5
2016 Charger
R/T Black Top Plum Crazy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-30-2017, 12:45 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,182
Thanks: 379
Thanked 845 Times in 759 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 855
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXLC View Post
i checked the wiring diagrams for the bta10200 and bta10250 and they're the same. with the exception of the line out feature on the 250 that isn't shown on the 200.

the molex connector is the same and all the pins are in the same place. the power wires are the same. my assumption was that the 250 is just the current model that replaced the 200.

but this is also my first experience with this, so while it makes sense to me that the parts look interchangeable, i'm willing to accept i screwed something up because i don't know any better.

that's where i'm at now. i've reached a point where my own knowledge has failed. i think i fried the amp, but i don't know how i would have, and i don't know how to verify that it's dead. especially since it was lit up and appeared to be working the night before.
No, the two parts are completely different. The 250D brought back the Slave Unit option. The connectors being used do look interchangeable, I will give you that. However, using the wrong connector is still not going to ruin the amp. Tell me how and where the ground wire is connected. Where is you constant +12V located? How do you have the remote turn-on connected?
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-31-2017, 08:24 AM
JeepXLC's Avatar
JeepXLC JeepXLC is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 11
JeepXLC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

i replied as detailed as i could, but the post confirmation screen was different and i didn't get the chance to read it all.

something about moderator approval?
it hasn't been doing that on my previous posts. maybe because i included image tags in my last reply?
__________________
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack M6 B5
2016 Charger
R/T Black Top Plum Crazy
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-31-2017, 03:36 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,182
Thanks: 379
Thanked 845 Times in 759 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 855
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA10200 - did i break it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepXLC View Post
i replied as detailed as i could, but the post confirmation screen was different and i didn't get the chance to read it all.

something about moderator approval?
it hasn't been doing that on my previous posts. maybe because i included image tags in my last reply?
I was able to see your post. How did you check your fuses? Visually or with a DMM?
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
bazooka.com
SAS, BAZOOKA, BASS TUBES, and LISTEN TO YOUR EARS are registered trademarks of Southern Audio Services, Inc.