Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 04-21-2016, 11:46 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
cmacc is on a distinguished road
Default installed 10 inch bta10100 sub, no difference

I had a 6 inch bazooka sub installed about a year ago. there was little increase in bass, so I put a 10 inch bazooka that fit into the harness, and there's no difference. The sub is in the trunk

It is powered on and i turn the volume up on the sub and I can hear the bass volume increase, but inside the car there is no difference in sound, no extra bass.

The original installer at best buy said he left the factory sub in my car in and active, so there's 2 subs in it now i guess. The factory sub really doesn't add a lot of power, probably without it the sound would have zero bass whatsoever, but the factory sub doesn't give any extra powerful bass heavy sound, which is what i'm looking for.

I read somewhere once that having two subs might cancel eachotehr out. Is it possible the little factory sub is canceling out the 10 inch in the trunk? I went to best buy to have them look at the installation, but they said more likely than not, the factory sub won't have any affect. The tech blamed the quality of bazooka as the culprit. I had a 10 inch bazooka in my jeep though about 15 years ago, and the bass was extremely loud and great, so that's not the problem. Why is this 10 inch bazooka sub bta10100 making no increase in bass? the six inch one i had in there previously also made no difference in bass,
Old 04-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Geneh has a spectacular aura aboutGeneh has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: installed 10 inch bta10100 sub, no difference

We will need more information on the installation:

1 High or low level inputs
2 did best buy put a high to low level convertor ( they a famous for messing that up) if so check to see it has an adjustable gain.
3 is it a Boss system
4 make model and year of the vehicle

Q u o t e s:
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geneh For This Useful Post:
cmacc (04-21-2016), heavyduty (04-25-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Just Gettin Started

I don't know if they put a hi
Old 04-21-2016, 01:49 PM
Just Gettin Started

I don't know for high or low level inputs..

I don't know if they put a high to low level convertor in it, I know there is an adjustment on the tube with an arrow that seems to be volume which I turned all the way up. I contacted bestbuy to troubleshoot and check the installation, and they have no record of me going there and paying for the install, and I don't have the receipt so they won't help me.

I don' think it's a boss system, it's the stock system in the car.

2015 Lexus is 250

Sorry I don't have more info. I just feel it's impossible for a huge tube with a 10 subwoofer to have no bass. I had this same if not similar tube in a 98 jeep wrangler, and the thing was sick. Passengers complained about too much bass.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

The Bazooka inputs should be ran to the OEM subwoofer. Check that and also check for the convertor.

Q u o t e s:
To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978
The Following User Says Thank You to Geneh For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (04-25-2016)
Old 04-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Here is a Lexus forum post on how to install an amp and subwoofer, The Bazooka installation is the same. Only the amp and sub is one piece.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2...-is-250-a.html

Q u o t e s:
The Following User Says Thank You to Geneh For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (04-25-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=cmacc;35179] I went to best buy to have them look at the installation, but they said more likely than not, the factory sub won't have any affect. The tech blamed the quality of bazooka as the culprit.[/QUOTE]

This cracks me up, every single time a fast food install chain has a problem, it is always a problem with the Bazooka. Which explains a lot, after all, the Tubes have been selling since the 1980's because the quality sucks. And yet, audio companies in the same time span have come and gone. The moral of this little diatribe? You do not stay in business for over 30 years if you are selling junk products. mic drop.
Geneh (04-25-2016)
Old 05-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Just Gettin Started

he was incorrect, because I found my reciept and he was able to diagnose the problem and the original installer made a mistake, the guy fixed it and now the tube works. Problem is, it seems the sub is only activated by the lowest of the low frequency. Hip hop and electronic music the bass kicks in on the deep bass, but rock and metal and other music, the tube doesn't seem to be doing as much. the 10 inch i had 15 years ago the bass was well rounded and always there. I feel like he hooked it into only the lowest frequency. Is this possible? can it be remedied?

At least it is working now, but it's so deep bass heavy.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacc View Post
he was incorrect, because I found my reciept and he was able to diagnose the problem and the original installer made a mistake, the guy fixed it and now the tube works. Problem is, it seems the sub is only activated by the lowest of the low frequency. Hip hop and electronic music the bass kicks in on the deep bass, but rock and metal and other music, the tube doesn't seem to be doing as much. the 10 inch i had 15 years ago the bass was well rounded and always there. I feel like he hooked it into only the lowest frequency. Is this possible? can it be remedied?

At least it is working now, but it's so deep bass heavy.
Sounds as if the crossover setting is set at its lowest possible point, or quite close to it. Identify the crossover knob and start turning that clockwise to raise the crossover point. Stop once you have achieved the sound that you are looking for.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:03 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thanks. I'll check it out