Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 02-12-2017, 01:18 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stevenyc2004 is on a distinguished road
Default BTA10100FHC not sounding good at all

I just purchased this from Walmart. I am hearing way less than impressive results. I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited. It has the factory radio with the premium sound system,it has the amp and subwoofer from the factory. I wired up the FAST-9999 to what I believe are the front left and right speakers. The unit turns on and the woofer vibrates very intensely. But it sounds exactly the same when its plugged in and when I play the same track at same volume with the FAST disconnected. I flipped the phase switch to different sides, no difference. I also tested with the factory sub plugged in and disconnected, no difference. Could my factory speakers just be that much better than this tube? I have had cars with big multiple sub setups but was expecting the Bazooka Tube to be an improvement to the factory setup. Oh and it's corner facing as recommended. Any ideas? Does the staff at Bazooka have access to the 2007 Sonata premium stereo pin outs?
Old 02-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: BTA10100FHC not sounding good at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenyc2004 View Post
I just purchased this from Walmart. I am hearing way less than impressive results. I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited. It has the factory radio with the premium sound system,it has the amp and subwoofer from the factory. I wired up the FAST-9999 to what I believe are the front left and right speakers. The unit turns on and the woofer vibrates very intensely. But it sounds exactly the same when its plugged in and when I play the same track at same volume with the FAST disconnected. I flipped the phase switch to different sides, no difference. I also tested with the factory sub plugged in and disconnected, no difference. Could my factory speakers just be that much better than this tube? I have had cars with big multiple sub setups but was expecting the Bazooka Tube to be an improvement to the factory setup. Oh and it's corner facing as recommended. Any ideas? Does the staff at Bazooka have access to the 2007 Sonata premium stereo pin outs?
In order to troubleshoot your install correctly, you will need to determine if you are indeed connected to the correct speakers, as well as the correct positive and negative wires of each speaker. An incorrect connection at the speaker level input, will cause a phase problem that will not be correct by the phase switch.

How is the Auto-Turn On Loop configured? Do you have the +12V turn-on lead of the FAST-9999, connected? Where and how is your ground connection? Have you measured the resistance at ground? Where are your High Level Inputs connected?

As for the diagram of the factory system, a quick Google search will bring up a website that contains basic information, as well as images of the system. Keep in mind you will have to verify if this information is correct by matching color codes.