Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Passive Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 07-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ddennis is on a distinguished road
Default 12 inch dvc bazooka tube

Hello I am new to the forum. I have an infinity Kappa 10 inch subwoofer in a ported box just wondering if a 12 inch passive bazooka tube would be louder.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 12 inch dvc bazooka tube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddennis View Post
Hello I am new to the forum. I have an infinity Kappa 10 inch subwoofer in a ported box just wondering if a 12 inch passive bazooka tube would be louder.
What is the power output of your amplifier? Are you going to use the DVC model and drive a 2 ohm mono load?
Old 08-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Just Gettin Started

Veeman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 12 inch dvc bazooka tube

From my experience with the Infinity kappas, I would say a 10" infinity vs a 12" bazooka...no comparison in terms of output. The Bazooka will be much louder and sounds great as well. Don't get me wrong, the Infinity's are good subs and if set up right sound very good, but given that you can put up to 600 watts into a 12" tube vs. about 250 watts into the infinity, along with the greater cone displacement, and with corner loading..the tube will win, in fact I have a 10" tube getting 450 watts, and it's as loud as my 2.75 cube ported box with 2 diamond audio 12's getting 300 watts (low power entry level subs). These tubes are very efficient and get really loud. Now, if i put my Digital Designs 3500 into the same box and give it 1500 watts...the box is definitely louder, but it takes up a lot of space and is friggin heavy (120 lbs), plus then I need heavier power wire, puts a strain on my electrical system, and my lights dim big time with heavy notes. Great for irritating everyone, but a pain in the ***. I like the tube, it's more than loud enough, can be popped out in 2 seconds if I need space, and doesn't affect my car's stock system.
The Following User Says Thank You to Veeman For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (08-10-2017)