Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 09-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgoor906 View Post
Thanks for the note. I thought that the LED light being on all the time was not right. I am looking for a wiring diagram for a VW Premium 8 radio to find the switched 12v wire. Since I know the VW power wire does both the red (FAST9999) and blue/white (FAST9999) wire need to be hooked up? Or can I just connect the blue/white(FAST9999) to the VW power wire and keep the optional loop attached? I am trying to see what is the best set up before I take the dash apart again. I am not confident I can identify the switched 12v wire. Any advice is most welcomed.
If you want to keep the optional Auto-Turn On Loop attached, which will trigger the Tube to turn on when music is present, the Blue-White wire of the FAST-9999 must be left disconnected.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Just Gettin Started

beemer1274 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

So I am installing a BTA-8100 with the FAST connection in a 2009 Honda Accord EX (with Navigation and premium sound) and I am having a hard time finding the factory radio pinout diagram for my car. Does anyone know where I can find it? It's a 24 pin connector.

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:56 PM
Just Gettin Started

Fsfiorenini is on a distinguished road

I have a dilemna, I have a Fiat 500 with a factory stereo and no RCA inputs. I assume that I can wire without them, but my harness and factory unit are completely different in color, so I need to locate a diagram for my specific radio pin color diagram. but can't find one to save my life, any ideas?

If this does not work, and I bought a new Head Unit, would I use the RCA's and not the wire connections?

Frank
Old 03-21-2016, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fsfiorenini View Post
I have a dilemna, I have a Fiat 500 with a factory stereo and no RCA inputs. I assume that I can wire without them, but my harness and factory unit are completely different in color, so I need to locate a diagram for my specific radio pin color diagram. but can't find one to save my life, any ideas?

If this does not work, and I bought a new Head Unit, would I use the RCA's and not the wire connections?

Frank
What year 500? And what factory audio system?
Old 04-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Just Gettin Started

P2K is on a distinguished road

I have read the install instructions and all the previous posts. Tell me if I have it right:

I am buying a BTA6100 unit that I assume will come with the standard wiring harness (not the FAST harness).

1) If I want to wire the signal to my rear speakers and NOT have to run the red power wire to the battery directly then my only choice is to buy the additional FAST-9999 and BTAH harnesses to be able to hook the red power to a switched 12V source (which I have at the rear of the van)?

2) If I want to have the sub turn on/off by itself when it senses the sound signal at the speaker wires then I do not hook up the blue/white wire (FAST harness) to anything, and not change anything else?

Do I really need the two extra wiring harnesses or could I do all this with the standard harness that comes with the sub?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:41 AM
Just Gettin Started

P2K is on a distinguished road

I guess I didn't remember all that I read in previous posts. I have this question wrong.

So...the main power wire from either the standard harness or the FAST harness needs to be hooked up to the constant 12V source, no avoiding having to run to the battery for hooking up a BTA6100?

I think I understand hooking (or not hooking) up the wire for the auto turn on feature.

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K View Post
I have read the install instructions and all the previous posts. Tell me if I have it right:

I am buying a BTA6100 unit that I assume will come with the standard wiring harness (not the FAST harness).

1) If I want to wire the signal to my rear speakers and NOT have to run the red power wire to the battery directly then my only choice is to buy the additional FAST-9999 and BTAH harnesses to be able to hook the red power to a switched 12V source (which I have at the rear of the van)?

2) If I want to have the sub turn on/off by itself when it senses the sound signal at the speaker wires then I do not hook up the blue/white wire (FAST harness) to anything, and not change anything else?

Do I really need the two extra wiring harnesses or could I do all this with the standard harness that comes with the sub?

Thanks.
If you are purchasing a BTA6100, you are correct, it does not come with the FAST Harness. If you do not want to make a connection at the battery, then yes, you will need to buy the FAST-9999 and the FAST-BTAH.

Do you need the FAST Harness? The simple answer is no. The red wire of the Tube's harness is connected to the +12v terminal of the battery (making sure to install a 7.5 amp fuse inline) and the blue/white wire is connected to a switched +12v source.

If you want the Tube to turn-on when it senses a signal source, then yes, leave the blue/white wire disconnected and make sure the auto-turn on loop is configured.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Just Gettin Started

Stevenyc2004 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

What are the output voltages supposed to be? I used my multi meter and get 12-13ish at the ACC 12v lead also at the power antenna lead. What should they be at the speaker inputs?
Old 02-15-2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenyc2004 View Post
What are the output voltages supposed to be? I used my multi meter and get 12-13ish at the ACC 12v lead also at the power antenna lead. What should they be at the speaker inputs?
You will always measure 12V from the constant supply source and the antenna lead, without the vehicle running. With the vehicle running your +12V constant may be as high as 14.4V, but this depends on a multitude of factors. The antenna output should never change. As for the voltage from the speaker output, this is a variable dependent on the volume knob.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:07 PM
Just Gettin Started

Trailhawk is on a distinguished road

I have a BTA10100 powered sub. I just purchased a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 500 watt amp, 9 speakers with factory sub in the back. I have the regular, non-fast, wiring harness so I can tap into the rear signal and the remote rbcm-100. I would greatly appreciate step by step instructions for this particular set up and materials needed. Can I just tap into the wires that supply the rear sub, should I split the signal or bypass entirely - pros/cons? Do I only need to extend the power from the battery to the rear, run the remote, ground at the back etc? Not sure what to do with the on/off loop or exactly what wires to connect.

Thanks!

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c