Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
classictuber is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 8" more bass than 10" - whats wrong?

After purchasing a BTA8100 I was finding there was not the bass I was looking for. SO - I decided to purchase a BTA10100.

I still have the 8100 so I was able to switch the cable from one to the other and really compare the difference... the difference? Well honestly it seems the 10" is giving me less bass than the 8"

What is going on here? How could this be? They are both 100's - shouldnt the 10" give more bass?

Please someone comment if you can. Now I don't know whether to take the 10" back or the 8" back. The connection is with the FAST system hooked to the RCA subwoofer out on my Alpine CDA-117. Thanks,
Old 03-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 8" more bass than 10" - whats wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictuber View Post
After purchasing a BTA8100 I was finding there was not the bass I was looking for. SO - I decided to purchase a BTA10100.

I still have the 8100 so I was able to switch the cable from one to the other and really compare the difference... the difference? Well honestly it seems the 10" is giving me less bass than the 8"

What is going on here? How could this be? They are both 100's - shouldnt the 10" give more bass?

Please someone comment if you can. Now I don't know whether to take the 10" back or the 8" back. The connection is with the FAST system hooked to the RCA subwoofer out on my Alpine CDA-117. Thanks,
With all things being equal, you should notice an increase in bass (low frequency extension). If you haven't done so already, check your phase switch and any of your headunit settings.

How far away from the vehicle is the Tube mounted (woofer end)?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
With all things being equal, you should notice an increase in bass (low frequency extension). If you haven't done so already, check your phase switch and any of your headunit settings.

How far away from the vehicle is the Tube mounted (woofer end)?
I have the woofer end mounted about 3 inches from the back of my hatch. It is pointing straight back. It is right beside where the 8" is pointing. I have the phase switch and all headunit settings the same for both tubes. Both gains are cranked on the tubes. Upping the sub out on my headunit from 10-15(max) makes very little difference as well. (on either tube).
Old 03-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Just Gettin Started

There is a phase setting on my head unit. The options are 0 or 180. i have set at 180 as that gives the best response on the 8".
Old 03-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
There is a phase setting on my head unit. The options are 0 or 180. i have set at 180 as that gives the best response on the 8".
Have you tried switching to the High Level Inputs for your signal source? Give this a try (if only temporarily) and see if there is a change in output.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Have you tried switching to the High Level Inputs for your signal source? Give this a try (if only temporarily) and see if there is a change in output.
you must be talking about the high level inputs from my head unit? I had the unit professionally installed along with the bazooka so I don't really know how to do this. I guess i have to take the dash apart and get to the back of the headunit to do this?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
you must be talking about the high level inputs from my head unit? I had the unit professionally installed along with the bazooka so I don't really know how to do this. I guess i have to take the dash apart and get to the back of the headunit to do this?
Yes, you will have to get to the back of the headunit to connect the High Level Inputs.