Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Marine Audio

Notices

Old 09-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
RichOx3223 is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Marine Tubbies Muffled 8"

Hi everyone, I have the black marine double tubbies (6.5" front/8" rear) mounted on my wakeboard tower. I have had them for 4 seasons with zero problems and love them. Turned on the stereo yesterday and one of the rear facing 8" speakers is muffled/buzzing/vibrating. I removed the speaker and unplugged it and everything else sounds fine. When I reinstalled it without it being hooked up I still get the same sound coming from it. It's vibrating/muffed from the 6.5" in the front of the enclosure. I don't see any tears in the speaker.

Is this speaker repairable? Is it replaceable? What cased it to start making this noise? It's even doing it when not connected (wired).
Old 09-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Marine Tubbies Muffled 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichOx3223 View Post
Hi everyone, I have the black marine double tubbies (6.5" front/8" rear) mounted on my wakeboard tower. I have had them for 4 seasons with zero problems and love them. Turned on the stereo yesterday and one of the rear facing 8" speakers is muffled/buzzing/vibrating. I removed the speaker and unplugged it and everything else sounds fine. When I reinstalled it without it being hooked up I still get the same sound coming from it. It's vibrating/muffed from the 6.5" in the front of the enclosure. I don't see any tears in the speaker.

Is this speaker repairable? Is it replaceable? What cased it to start making this noise? It's even doing it when not connected (wired).
Sounds like a voice coil has gone bad. Call 1-800-THE-TUBE, on Monday to discuss the appropriate remedies. Just keep in mind, Irma may have other plans, so if you do not get an answer, don't forget about the hurricane.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Just Gettin Started

Why would it still be doing it when the wires are not connected. It's also vibrating from the front 6.5" in the front.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Why would it still be doing it when the wires are not connected. It's also vibrating from the front 6.5" in the front.
Yes, if the voice coil is bad, or is out of alignment, any movement of the cone, powered or passively, will result in noise. As for the front 6.5", does this speaker make noise at all volumes?
Old 09-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Just Gettin Started

Ok, didn't know that. No the 6.5 is perfect. Only the 8" is vibrating. When it's connected out of the housing and/or disconnected in the housing.
Guess I'll have to try and get a new 8".

What caused this? Is it something that I done or is it just worn out? Maybe there is something that I should avoid doing.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ok, didn't know that. No the 6.5 is perfect. Only the 8" is vibrating. When it's connected out of the housing and/or disconnected in the housing.
Guess I'll have to try and get a new 8".

What caused this? Is it something that I done or is it just worn out? Maybe there is something that I should avoid doing.
It could have been a clipping issue of the amplifier, DC voltage will kill a voice coil. Or, the voice coil lost alignment. It happens. Give Customer Service a call and ask about a replacement. 1-800-THE-TUBE