Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2009, 11:23 PM
NEONNIGHT's Avatar
NEONNIGHT NEONNIGHT is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
NEONNIGHT is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

i have an 8 inch el model that i installed one of the remote bass controls on .. where should the gain control on the tube be set .. i cant seem to figure out what is the right way to set these controls at . the directions are none existent since it didnt come with any .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2009, 12:58 AM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,210
Thanks: 384
Thanked 852 Times in 766 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 862
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONNIGHT View Post
i have an 8 inch el model that i installed one of the remote bass controls on .. where should the gain control on the tube be set .. i cant seem to figure out what is the right way to set these controls at . the directions are none existent since it didnt come with any .
neonnight, when using the RBCM you can initially set the gain on the back of the Tube and then use the RBCM to fine tune according to the music being played at the moment. It is a great unit to have as it allows this tweaking at the fingertips and in the listening position. Please post back with anymore questions you may have.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2009, 06:36 AM
Kingfish's Avatar
Kingfish Kingfish is offline
President
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Baton Rouge, LA, USA.
Posts: 535
Thanks: 196
Thanked 115 Times in 99 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 121
Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

Set the gain on the tube to the max volume that it sounds good and is not clipping or burping. The remote will then attenuate from that point down. Note that the remote will NOT increase the gain above the setting at the tube.
__________________
Straight from the Fish's mouth...

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (03-25-2009)
  #4  
Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 PM
jaxbrad's Avatar
jaxbrad jaxbrad is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
jaxbrad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
Set the gain on the tube to the max volume that it sounds good and is not clipping or burping. The remote will then attenuate from that point down. Note that the remote will NOT increase the gain above the setting at the tube.
So let's say the gain on the tube is set at 50% when you plug the rcbm in to it. Assuming this is the case, if the rcbm is set at min.(the lowest) then the gain will essentially be at zero. Subsequently, if you then turn the gain on the rcbm up to the 50% mark, then the gain is running at 25%, correct? Is this the correct thinking on this? I am also trying to figure out a recently purchased RCBM-100.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2009, 09:08 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,210
Thanks: 384
Thanked 852 Times in 766 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 862
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbrad View Post
So let's say the gain on the tube is set at 50% when you plug the rcbm in to it. Assuming this is the case, if the rcbm is set at min.(the lowest) then the gain will essentially be at zero. Subsequently, if you then turn the gain on the rcbm up to the 50% mark, then the gain is running at 25%, correct? Is this the correct thinking on this? I am also trying to figure out a recently purchased RCBM-100.
jaxbrad, in a sense, sort-of . You will want to set the gain on the Tube, literally at the Tube to the highest point, meaning where there is no distortion and it sounds good to you. Now think of the RBCM as a volume knob of sorts, it lets you adjust down from there, as in the case you get a song or track where the volume is louder from on to the next, then you can turn the Tube down, and when a song somes on that is not at the same volume, you can turn the knob, and efffectively raise the Tube's output. Keep in mind, the RBCM will not go beyond the initial setting on the Tube. So, using a random set of numbers to make this easy to understand, look at it like this; let's say you set the gain on the Tube (literally, the gain on the Tube) to 85, this sounds good to you, right? Then, a track comes on where the bass is too much, you can lower at the volume at the RBCM, to any number below that. Then, when you need to, you can turn the knob to back, all the way to the original 85, because the RBCM will not go beyond the Tube's intial setting of 85, it will only go up to that point. This must be hard to follow, so if you still don't understand post back or use the PM.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2009, 10:58 PM
jaxbrad's Avatar
jaxbrad jaxbrad is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
jaxbrad is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

So when you get the gain on the tube where you want it and you go to plug the rcbm in, where at on the dial should the rcbm be set? I guess I'm trying to find out how to utilize the full range of the knob from min. to max. effectively. In my mind, after reading the previous posts: After getting the tube gain set, when you go to plug the rcbm into the tube you should have the level set at max. That way, since you can't work up(the RBCM will not go beyond the initial setting on the Tube), you can then work down if needed, correct?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-26-2009, 02:11 AM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,210
Thanks: 384
Thanked 852 Times in 766 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 862
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxbrad View Post
So when you get the gain on the tube where you want it and you go to plug the rcbm in, where at on the dial should the rcbm be set? I guess I'm trying to find out how to utilize the full range of the knob from min. to max. effectively. In my mind, after reading the previous posts: After getting the tube gain set, when you go to plug the rcbm into the tube you should have the level set at max. That way, since you can't work up(the RBCM will not go beyond the initial setting on the Tube), you can then work down if needed, correct?
Yes, you can have the dial on the RBCM cranked all the way to the right. Then, like you have written, if you need to lower the response from the Tube, turn to the left until you get the desired output. The RBCM allows you to tweak the output from the listening position at a moments notice, without having to get up and go back to the Tube.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heavyduty For This Useful Post:
jaxbrad (03-26-2009)
  #8  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:07 PM
NEONNIGHT's Avatar
NEONNIGHT NEONNIGHT is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
NEONNIGHT is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

the remote control is awesome since i like to change the bass per song . it really lets you weak at a moments noticed
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,210
Thanks: 384
Thanked 852 Times in 766 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 862
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RBCM-100 - Remote Bass Control / settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONNIGHT View Post
the remote control is awesome since i like to change the bass per song . it really lets you weak at a moments noticed
neonnight, the RBCM is a nice addition to a BTA100 install. Being able to tweak a song at any given time is always a plus, especially when you can do it from the driver's seat.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
bazooka.com
SAS, BAZOOKA, BASS TUBES, and LISTEN TO YOUR EARS are registered trademarks of Southern Audio Services, Inc.