Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nbot is on a distinguished road
Default Help: BTA8100FHC: No Remote Amp Wire: Honda Ridgeline: FAST 9999

Hello,
Trying to install the BTA8100FHC, with the FAST 9999/BTAH harness.

I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline RT, and 5 of the 9999 wires are no problem (right & left +/- and the switched/ignition 12v wire). BUT, the RT model that I have does NOT have the "Remote Radio Switch" wire nor does it have any other "remote" amp/etc wire.

I know the instructions say to use the "Power Antenna" wire instead, but the power antenna is not on the same bracket of wires, and the wires are much thicker, I'm not sure the size but if the FAST wires are 16 gauge, then the antenna wires must be 10 or 12 gauge and won't fit in the FAST connector (and not sure if there's a special way to connect these different sizes anyways).

You can verify the Ridgeline wiring diagram here (I know this isn't from Honda.com, but trust me they are accurate):
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...41&postcount=2
Or here:
http://www.modifiedlife.com/2010-hon...s-color-codes/

Do I need to buy some crazy "Remote Power Adaptor" like this and patch it into the ACC/switched 12v line?
http://www.electronicsbonanza.com/co...sku=9298&src=g

Or can I just plug the Blue/White line from the 9999 into the ACC/switched 12v line (so there'd be TWO 9999 connections to that wire...).

I don't think I can't plug into the "Constant 12v" line or else the Bazooka would be on all the time?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help: BTA8100FHC: No Remote Amp Wire: Honda Ridgeline: FAST 9999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbot View Post
Hello,
Trying to install the BTA8100FHC, with the FAST 9999/BTAH harness.

I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline RT, and 5 of the 9999 wires are no problem (right & left +/- and the switched/ignition 12v wire). BUT, the RT model that I have does NOT have the "Remote Radio Switch" wire nor does it have any other "remote" amp/etc wire.

I know the instructions say to use the "Power Antenna" wire instead, but the power antenna is not on the same bracket of wires, and the wires are much thicker, I'm not sure the size but if the FAST wires are 16 gauge, then the antenna wires must be 10 or 12 gauge and won't fit in the FAST connector (and not sure if there's a special way to connect these different sizes anyways).

You can verify the Ridgeline wiring diagram here (I know this isn't from Honda.com, but trust me they are accurate):
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...41&postcount=2
Or here:
http://www.modifiedlife.com/2010-hon...s-color-codes/

Do I need to buy some crazy "Remote Power Adaptor" like this and patch it into the ACC/switched 12v line?
http://www.electronicsbonanza.com/co...sku=9298&src=g

Or can I just plug the Blue/White line from the 9999 into the ACC/switched 12v line (so there'd be TWO 9999 connections to that wire...).

I don't think I can't plug into the "Constant 12v" line or else the Bazooka would be on all the time?
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum. From reading your post and then looking at the schematics you have provided, connecting your Tube will be no problem (without having to buy anything extra). You can connect the Blue/White wire from the 9999 to the same Yellow/Red wire (switched +12v) you are already connected to. Verify that the Tube does indeed turn off when the system is off (look to see if the LED is illuminated when the system is off). Please post back with any other questions you may have.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Just Gettin Started

Hello HeavyDuty,
Thanks for the quick replies on the weekend, much appreciated.

So, I went ahead and installed the blue/white FAST wire to the red/yellow ACC/switched 12v wire, but unfortunately the Bazooka is not powering on. I have no LED light on, and no sound coming from the tube. The other 4 door speakers play the CD/radio just fine still.

Here is a few pics of my install hopefully you can help point me in the right direction here:

FAST install (2 pics), you can see the ground wires are spliced correctly into the (-) speaker wires, plus the two power lines from FAST into the red/yellow:

Here's the FAST to the BTAH:

Here's the BTAH to the tube:
Old 10-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Just Gettin Started

Here is my ground on the end of the BTAH line. I did scratch some of the finish off of the chassis, is it possible that I have a bad ground? Seems I'd still get the LED on light even if so? You can see that I've got the ground just right behind the plastic clip that holds the plastic paneling/trim, but its a very snug fit, not loose at all.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:11 PM
Just Gettin Started

I pasted the wrong link above for wiring schematic, here's the 2006 Ridgeline:
http://www.modifiedlife.com/2006-hon...iring-diagram/
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Red
Old 10-24-2010, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I pasted the wrong link above for wiring schematic, here's the 2006 Ridgeline:
http://www.modifiedlife.com/2006-hon...iring-diagram/
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Violet
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Red
Thank you for posting the pictures. This always helps make troubleshooting a bit easier. The first thing you need to do is relocate the ground. The Tube will not power on (or the LED will not illuminate) if the ground is insufficient. Eliminate this as the issue and then we can continue with the troubleshooting if neccessary.
Geneh (10-25-2010)
Old 10-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Here is my ground on the end of the BTAH line. I did scratch some of the finish off of the chassis, is it possible that I have a bad ground? Seems I'd still get the LED on light even if so? You can see that I've got the ground just right behind the plastic clip that holds the plastic paneling/trim, but its a very snug fit, not loose at all.

The ground point in the car should be a piece of chassis metal that is welded to the main body of the vehicle. Painted surfaces should be scraped or sanded clean before the ground lug is bolted down. (Cover the bare metal area with paint or grease to prevent rust.)
Nbot (10-25-2010)
Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Just Gettin Started

Default SOLVED: BTA8100FHC: No Remote Amp Wire: Honda Ridgeline: FAST 9999

Thanks HeavyDuty...Houston we have bass!

Problem was the ground like you said. I didn't think to sand off the powdercoat where I was trying to put the ground. I also put a washer on there (sanded the contact side of the washer) and roughed up the ground cable end as well for good measure....held my breath, turned the key on, and smiled

It really sounds great, I couldn't be happier with the sound, really filled in that "30%" of the sound that seemed to be missing, plus since I can turn the bass (or gain) up from the tube, I can put the headunit's bass setting lower which enables me to be able to turn up the door speakers louder w/o pushing them...thanks for all of the great tech support, I'm impressed with the quick replies.

I did a writeup on the install over on Ridgeline forum if other RL owners out there want to see it:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/f...321#post534321
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nbot For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (10-25-2010), Kingfish (10-25-2010)
Old 10-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Just Gettin Started

Default Re: SOLVED: BTA8100FHC: No Remote Amp Wire: Honda Ridgeline: FAST 9999

Hey...one last question, does it matter if I have the tube pointing the bass to the inside like in the pic, or should I have it firing at the door (corner)?
Old 10-25-2010, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: SOLVED: BTA8100FHC: No Remote Amp Wire: Honda Ridgeline: FAST 9999

Quote:
Hey...one last question, does it matter if I have the tube pointing the bass to the inside like in the pic, or should I have it firing at the door (corner)?
The Tube will always perform best when it is corner loaded. Turn the Tube around so that it is corner loaded and compare the output.
Geneh (10-25-2010), Nbot (10-25-2010)