Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
whiteboyslo is on a distinguished road
Default I will be returning my Chinese-made SAS Bazooka item

To all concerned -

I will be returning my brand new (and not installed) SAS Bazooka enclosure to the online vendor from which it was purchased. Specifically, this is the new custom unit from the 2008+ Scion xB. I am returning it for the sole reason of its country of origin, China.

Let me be clear that this post is NOT about bashing China, nor is it a venue where I will rant on like so many others do on the internet nowadays. I simply want others to realize where their goods are coming from. Based on this phrase directly quoted from the 'About Us' section of www.bazooka.com (directly under the heading 'Listen to your Ears') I was under the assumption all Bazooka products are made in America:

'Naturally, as SAS sales have grown, so has its economic impact locally, nationally and internationally. SAS employs 90 full-time employees at their manufacturing facility and corporate office, both located in Baton Rouge.'

I was extremely disheartened, however, when I came home to a box marked 'MADE IN CHINA' in large letters on the side.

I do not wish to cause any anymosity by this post. What I do hope, however, is that this post will accomplish a few things:

1) a revision of the SAS Bazooka website to clarify the true country of origin, so that like-minded customers will not have to go through the same headache I now have to (not to mention the shipping costs I will now have to endure).

2) an awareness for other customers who may not be aware, especially if the website should not be updated.

3) possibly just a brief pause by the executives of SAS Bazooka.

Sincerely,

Mike White
Old 06-11-2009, 06:27 PM
President

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I will be returning my Chinese-made SAS Bazooka item

Mike,
Thank you for your post. I apologize for the oversight on the About SAS listing. It was certainly not our intent to deceive or cause any confusion. We launched this new site just under a year ago, and those pages were simply ported over from the old site. We will update that information to be clearer for future customers. As with most consumer electronics these days, many of our products are made overseas, but all of them are designed and engineered by us.

I understand and respect your decision to return your product, and like you have no intention of getting into a debate over the country of origin of some of our products. Everyone at SAS is hard working Americans who strive daily to bring quality products and services to the market at competitive prices. I regret that you will not have the opportunity to benefit from those efforts.

Thank you, again, for your post,
KF

The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (06-11-2009)