Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Buff1110 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Fuse help

Hello all, i came across this site and everyone seems very helpful and friendly so heres what i have for you.

picked up a EL10A-HP the other day. I noticed it doesnt have a fuse (my old tube did) and i am unsure of what to use. currently i have an 8gauge power and ground running to where the tube will be mounted. i have a 30amp fuse right now at the battery which is probably too large.

can i use that fuse and put another smaller fuse at the tube (maybe 10amps?) or should i just that 30amp at the battery and be fine?

thank you for any replies

dan
Old 04-18-2009, 08:01 AM
President

Kingfish will become famous soon enoughKingfish will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fuse help

The EL10A-HP uses the same basic chip amplifier circuit as the BTAxx100 tubes with an inline 15amp fuse. Your previous tube with the fuse in the back was likely a higher powered RSA tube, but the EL10A-HP is a very good product. I would suggest at least putting a 15A in line fuse in a fuse holder somewhere in line with the power wire to the tube or changing the fuse at the battery to 15A.

Just my 2 cents.
KF

The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
heavyduty (04-18-2009)
Old 04-18-2009, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff1110 View Post
Hello all, i came across this site and everyone seems very helpful and friendly so heres what i have for you.

picked up a EL10A-HP the other day. I noticed it doesnt have a fuse (my old tube did) and i am unsure of what to use. currently i have an 8gauge power and ground running to where the tube will be mounted. i have a 30amp fuse right now at the battery which is probably too large.

can i use that fuse and put another smaller fuse at the tube (maybe 10amps?) or should i just that 30amp at the battery and be fine?

thank you for any replies

dan
Welcome to the Bazooka Forum Dan. Here is a link to the owner's manual for your EL10A-HP. Please click on
(EL Passive Tubes, RS Passive Tubes, All ELA-hp, All RSA-hp, All SM marine tubes).

http://www.bazooka.com/tech/install-...ile/amplifiers

If you have anymore questions please post back.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Just Gettin Started

thank you guys so much for the quick responses! the tube i used to have was back 7 or 8 years ago and was an aplified 10" like this one. i ended up finding 20A fuses so i will use one of those. keep your fingers crossed!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
thank you guys so much for the quick responses! the tube i used to have was back 7 or 8 years ago and was an aplified 10" like this one. i ended up finding 20A fuses so i will use one of those. keep your fingers crossed!
No problem at all, let us know how it works out for you.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Just Gettin Started

Thank You Re: Fuse help

ok ended up running 8 gauge to the sub (both power and ground) with a 20a fuse at the battery. sub is hooked up via rca to a pioneer with sub control and running ppi speakers. this is in a honda del sol. i cant complain at all, sub is loud and adds to the music very well. its not as clear as some of my other set ups ive used (alpine type r, ma audio, rockford) but its a hell of a lot smaller and less then half the price i would have paid. it also doesnt take up as much room as a seperate sub and amp. overall very satisfied
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff1110 For This Useful Post:
Kingfish (04-18-2009)
Old 04-18-2009, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
ok ended up running 8 gauge to the sub (both power and ground) with a 20a fuse at the battery. sub is hooked up via rca to a pioneer with sub control and running ppi speakers. this is in a honda del sol. i cant complain at all, sub is loud and adds to the music very well. its not as clear as some of my other set ups ive used (alpine type r, ma audio, rockford) but its a hell of a lot smaller and less then half the price i would have paid. it also doesnt take up as much room as a seperate sub and amp. overall very satisfied
Don't forget, the Tube can be tuned. By sliding the Tube closer to the taillights or corner you have it aimed in, you can really tighten up the sound. Also be careful that you are not overdriving the Tube with the gain setting. Remember, you are dealing with a ported enclosure, and when overdriven they can make a lot of port noise, this applies to all ported enclosures. If you have any questions as to the install or Tube placement, post back or check out the link from the previous post. You'd be surprised at what tuning the Tube by sliding it forward will do for your sound output.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Just Gettin Started

interesting, i have the gains on the head unit set at 0 so the only adjustment i made was the knob on the tube and messing with the low pass frequency thru the headunit. i will try sliding the tube and see how that goes
Old 04-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
interesting, i have the gains on the head unit set at 0 so the only adjustment i made was the knob on the tube and messing with the low pass frequency thru the headunit. i will try sliding the tube and see how that goes
Once you do, post back and let me know what you think. If you have any other questions feel free to post back. Also, what frequency are you adjusting on your headunit?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Just Gettin Started

head unit is pioneer premier deh-p770mp

it has the dedicated sub output where you can control gain (set at 0) and you have 3 frequency's to choose (50, 80 and 125 hz) i am currently set at 50.

you also have your eq with presets (powerful, natural, vocal, flat, super bass and custom) im running powerful.

the way it is now is pretty decent. it could be a little better but there is so many adjustments you can be playing with it all day before you find the perfect balance