Go Back   Club Bazooka > General Discussion > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2017, 07:44 PM
totalpackage's Avatar
totalpackage totalpackage is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
totalpackage is on a distinguished road
Help 0003 Old school VS new amplified

Guys, im here to tell you I have had my setup of 2 passive 8 in tubes for over 16 years in a 2 door Tahoe being pushed by a Old Redline Predator 450 amp. If i remember, the subs are 150watts. I love them abd they work great. Im ready to upgrade and consolidate to the 8 or 10 in amplified.

Im really ready to get louder, so..do I go with one 8inch amplified tube or 2?
I have the room ,so should i do the 10 amplified?? there the same wattage so can anyone help me here?
Thanks
J
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-21-2017, 01:19 PM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,182
Thanks: 379
Thanked 845 Times in 759 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 855
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Old school VS new amplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpackage View Post
Guys, im here to tell you I have had my setup of 2 passive 8 in tubes for over 16 years in a 2 door Tahoe being pushed by a Old Redline Predator 450 amp. If i remember, the subs are 150watts. I love them abd they work great. Im ready to upgrade and consolidate to the 8 or 10 in amplified.

Im really ready to get louder, so..do I go with one 8inch amplified tube or 2?
I have the room ,so should i do the 10 amplified?? there the same wattage so can anyone help me here?
Thanks
J
If you have the room, go with the 10" BTA10250D. There is no replacement for displacement.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heavyduty For This Useful Post:
totalpackage (08-22-2017)
  #3  
Old 08-22-2017, 06:45 AM
totalpackage's Avatar
totalpackage totalpackage is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
totalpackage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Old school VS new amplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
If you have the room, go with the 10" BTA10250D. There is no replacement for displacement.
I appreciate the reply and support Heavyduty!
So my plan is to remove my crossover and amp and plug directly into the BTA10250D with the rear/ subwoofer output RCA connectors off my Alpine CDE 151.

Would that be the optimal thing to do?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:22 AM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,182
Thanks: 379
Thanked 845 Times in 759 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 855
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Old school VS new amplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpackage View Post
I appreciate the reply and support Heavyduty!
So my plan is to remove my crossover and amp and plug directly into the BTA10250D with the rear/ subwoofer output RCA connectors off my Alpine CDE 151.

Would that be the optimal thing to do?
Yes, use your existing RCA's, constant +12v, remote turn-on and ground connections, and connect to the BTA10250D. Don't forget to purchase your BT1014, and get ready to drop some wicked low's.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:13 AM
totalpackage's Avatar
totalpackage totalpackage is offline
Just Gettin Started
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 10
totalpackage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Old school VS new amplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Yes, use your existing RCA's, constant +12v, remote turn-on and ground connections, and connect to the BTA10250D. Don't forget to purchase your BT1014, and get ready to drop some wicked low's.
So,your saying purchase 1 amplified and 1 passive?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:50 AM
heavyduty's Avatar
heavyduty heavyduty is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,182
Thanks: 379
Thanked 845 Times in 759 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reputation: 855
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Old school VS new amplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalpackage View Post
So,your saying purchase 1 amplified and 1 passive?
If you have the room, I say purchase the salve unit. It will be an upgrade from you existing pair of 8" Tubes. Another great bonus with the 250D, it will perform flawlessly at 2 ohm's mono.
__________________
power your system down
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
bazooka.com
SAS, BAZOOKA, BASS TUBES, and LISTEN TO YOUR EARS are registered trademarks of Southern Audio Services, Inc.