Go Back   Club Bazooka > Bazooka Technical Forums > Amplified Tube Subwoofers

Notices

Old 09-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: FAST-9999 Installaton Instructions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTspeed64 View Post
Thanks for the info. So I only need to tap 3 wires, plug in the RCAs and ground the tube?
You only need to tap two wires, plug in the RCA's, and connect to a proper ground.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:46 PM
Just Gettin Started

Bubba1 is on a distinguished road

Might be a dumb question and may have been answered already but, what are the 2 double blue wires for? I have installed this on 2 different vehicles and have had no issues. Just canít figure out where they go.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba1 View Post
Might be a dumb question and may have been answered already but, what are the 2 double blue wires for? I have installed this on 2 different vehicles and have had no issues. Just canít figure out where they go.
Are you referring to the RCA's? If so, you can use High Level Inputs (which would be connecting to the existing harness for an input signal), or Low Level Inputs (using a patch cord, or RCA cable). This is an either/or decision, not both.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:30 PM
Just Gettin Started

Bubba1 is on a distinguished road

Not sure if I used them on my last cars. Do I have to use them?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba1 View Post
Not sure if I used them on my last cars. Do I have to use them?
No, again, it is an either/or method of input signal, not both. However, the preferred method with the BTAXX100 line, is to use the High Level Inputs.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Just Gettin Started

Cst756 is on a distinguished road

If I'm wrong for posting this here, my bad.

Trying to install this fast9999 on 2010 Civic to the factory radio. I can't seem to match my wire colors with how the Honda diagram (not all of them are in the harness, like pink..). I do see these colors in some of the other 2 factory harnesses, I'm I just supposed to find the color listed no matter which of the 3 harnesses I see the wire. The tapped wires seem straight forward, swiched power, remote, 4 speakers, but matching them makes me scratch my head. Thanks for any help you can offer
Old 11-16-2017, 10:48 AM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cst756 View Post
If I'm wrong for posting this here, my bad.

Trying to install this fast9999 on 2010 Civic to the factory radio. I can't seem to match my wire colors with how the Honda diagram (not all of them are in the harness, like pink..). I do see these colors in some of the other 2 factory harnesses, I'm I just supposed to find the color listed no matter which of the 3 harnesses I see the wire. The tapped wires seem straight forward, swiched power, remote, 4 speakers, but matching them makes me scratch my head. Thanks for any help you can offer
Couldn't find a way to edit, but thought I should clarify a bit. The Honda Stock radio as 4 harnesses (1 is not important for this). I found an online wiring diagram for the stock harnesses. from the pictures online all of the wires I think I should use are in the "17P" harness; however, not all the colors are inside the "17P" harness. If I look collectively at all 3 of the stock harnesses I do have all the wires (pur. pink, lt. brw, brown). So should I just tap those wires that match the colors like pur.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Couldn't find a way to edit, but thought I should clarify a bit. The Honda Stock radio as 4 harnesses (1 is not important for this). I found an online wiring diagram for the stock harnesses. from the pictures online all of the wires I think I should use are in the "17P" harness; however, not all the colors are inside the "17P" harness. If I look collectively at all 3 of the stock harnesses I do have all the wires (pur. pink, lt. brw, brown). So should I just tap those wires that match the colors like pur.
What type of factory system do you have? If it is the stock, 4 speaker, no premium sound system or navigation, you should be working with harness 14P. Can you post back with what type of factory system you have?
Old 11-16-2017, 01:35 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
What type of factory system do you have? If it is the stock, 4 speaker, no premium sound system or navigation, you should be working with harness 14P. Can you post back with what type of factory system you have?

Well... the front panel of the radio has printed "premium sound system", however, from looking how the plugs go in the back it seems to be a basic unit. 3 plugs side by side and then one smaller (2 wires ?) off to the left. So, I think its the basic. I didn't see anything about the 14p or maybe overlooked it.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:38 PM
Just Gettin Started

Quote:
Well... the front panel of the radio has printed "premium sound system", however, from looking how the plugs go in the back it seems to be a basic unit. 3 plugs side by side and then one smaller (2 wires ?) off to the left. So, I think its the basic. I didn't see anything about the 14p or maybe overlooked it.
However, after looking back at what is listed as a 14p, I do have a plug that looks like this one, is that the harness I should be looking for the wires in and tapping there and not the longer one?

Tags
bta10100, bta6100, bta8100, bta850fh, fast, fast-9999, ta850c