Old 08-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Just Gettin Started

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
cwsanfor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Choosing Tube with Alpine KTP-445 and MRP-F300

Heavy, you said:

Quote:
Start with your crossover point for the Tube at 90hz and tune from there. Use a subsonic filter with a 12db slope at 35 or 40hz. When using 6" Tubes I like to use a 40hz subsonic filter.
I am finding passive inline subsonic filters like the Harrison Labs FMOD Crossover Pair 50 Hz High Pass, and the same at 30 Hz, but not 40 Hz. I've ordered the 50 Hz model, do you think that will exclude much audible bass?

I was planning to try the Tube with the crossover slightly above 90 Hz, and the front speakers slightly below.

Thanks again. I'm very nearly done with this project.

cwsanfor
Old 08-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
heavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to beholdheavyduty is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Choosing Tube with Alpine KTP-445 and MRP-F300

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsanfor View Post
Heavy, you said:

I am finding passive inline subsonic filters like the Harrison Labs FMOD Crossover Pair 50 Hz High Pass, and the same at 30 Hz, but not 40 Hz. I've ordered the 50 Hz model, do you think that will exclude much audible bass?

I was planning to try the Tube with the crossover slightly above 90 Hz, and the front speakers slightly below.

Thanks again. I'm very nearly done with this project.

cwsanfor
A 50 Hz subsonic filter is going to remove too much of your audible bass. If you go to there website (http://store.hlabs.com/), you will see they have an adjustable subsonic filter (PFMOD HP-Sub) and a fixed 37 Hz subsonic filter (Bass Blocker-37 hz). Either one will be a better choice then using the 50 Hz subsonic filter.

Tags
alpine, bridged, ktp-445, mfp-f300