I'll be purchasing this model within the next week, and I have a few questions about installation steps and what I should buy for installation.
Here's what I can find:
What's in the Box:
- One 10" amplified tube-style subwoofer with attached grille
- 10" Signal wiring harness
- Power wiring harness (has an 11" power lead and 23" ground lead)
- 1 In-line fuse holder with a 20A fuse (has 4" leads on both sides)
- 2 Yellow butt connectors
- 1 Crimp-on ring
- One 1/2" self-tapping screw
- Two 3' mounting straps (each strap has an attached plastic mounting base)
- Four 1" self-tapping screws
- Installation Manual
If it is necessary to lengthen the battery wire, add the required length between the amplifier and the fuse holder, not the fuse holder and the battery. Use 12 gauge or larger to extend the battery wire. It is best to use as short a wire as possible.
So...How long are the wires that come with this unit. I believe I am reading that it comes only with about 19" (including fuse) of 12 gauge power wire. Is that correct?
If that is correct, and the power wire is only 12 gauge, should an 8 gauge CCA (copper coated aluminum) wire be a sufficient extension?
Also, will I still need a fuse box/fuse, the kind that comes with an amp installation kit?