Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://forums.bazooka.com/index.php)
-   Hook me up! (http://forums.bazooka.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Jvc (http://forums.bazooka.com/showthread.php?t=5965)

Guzzball 06-16-2009 02:05 PM

Re: Jvc

I know I will need to buy rca cables. Is there anything other then that ???

heavyduty 06-16-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27410)
I know I will need to buy rca cables. Is there anything other then that ???

If you don't have a fused power cable to reach all the way to the car's battery, you will need on of those as well. Before you go out and purchase them individually, be sure to check out this installation kit, it includes everything you will need to complete the install;

http://store.bazooka.com/I10200K-10-...-kit-P377.aspx

Guzzball 06-17-2009 08:39 AM

Also i have an amp in the back, near where I will put the tube. So should I run the wiers off that???(power ect.)

heavyduty 06-17-2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27434)
Also i have an amp in the back, near where I will put the tube. So should I run the wiers off that???(power ect.)

If it is a fused distribution block and you have an available opening, then yes, you can use this. If you are talking about just tapping into the existing power cable, you will need to have an adequate size cable to being with and the connection will have to be done before the existing amp, and the Tube will have to have an in-line fuse here, as well as upgrading the main fuse at the battery.

If you only have one amp (not counting the Tube), then you can simply tap into the remote-turn on wire for your remote turn-on source.

Guzzball 06-22-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 27436)
If it is a fused distribution block and you have an available opening, then yes, you can use this. If you are talking about just tapping into the existing power cable, you will need to have an adequate size cable to being with and the connection will have to be done before the existing amp, and the Tube will have to have an in-line fuse here, as well as upgrading the main fuse at the battery.

If you only have one amp (not counting the Tube), then you can simply tap into the remote-turn on wire for your remote turn-on source.

So i dont nee to slice wiers at the head unit, i can do it all from the amp location?....Wouldn't that amplify the tub more?

heavyduty 06-22-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27461)
So i dont nee to slice wiers at the head unit, i can do it all from the amp location?....Wouldn't that amplify the tub more?

If your going to buy a pair of RCA cables, what wires are you going to splice into at the headunit?

Guzzball 06-22-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 27462)
If your going to buy a pair of RCA cables, what wires are you going to splice into at the headunit?

i was thinking i had to splice into the speakers wiers as
well. So what you are saying if i get the rca cables hook it int the back of the head unit and tube, hook the power cord to the amp with the fuse. I should be go to go right?

heavyduty 06-22-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27463)
i was thinking i had to splice into the speakers wiers as
well. So what you are saying if i get the rca cables hook it int the back of the head unit and tube, hook the power cord to the amp with the fuse. I should be go to go right?

Guzz, that is correct. If you choose to use a RCA cable, then you don't need to use the High Level Inputs. It is an either or way to connect your Tube, either High Level or Low Level, but not both. Yes, hook up the fused power cable, connect your +12v Remote Wire, ground the Tube and you will be up and running. Please post back with anymore questions you may still have. :)47

Guzzball 07-05-2009 02:11 PM

Wich wire turns off the tube? And will that be some were off the amp?:read::read:

heavyduty 07-05-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guzzball (Post 27502)
Wich wire turns off the tube? And will that be some were off the amp?:read::read:

The remote-turn on wire is the wire you are looking for (orange wire on the Tube's harness). This is responsible for turning the Tube "on" and "off," when the power is removed from the circuit. This is connected to a +12v key/on-key/off source, such as the remote accesory turn-on lead on the headunit.