Club Bazooka

Club Bazooka (http://forums.bazooka.com/index.php)
-   Amplified Tube Subwoofers (http://forums.bazooka.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   8" more bass than 10" - whats wrong? (http://forums.bazooka.com/showthread.php?t=6555)

classictuber 03-18-2011 09:31 AM

8" more bass than 10" - whats wrong?

After purchasing a BTA8100 I was finding there was not the bass I was looking for. SO - I decided to purchase a BTA10100.

I still have the 8100 so I was able to switch the cable from one to the other and really compare the difference... the difference? Well honestly it seems the 10" is giving me less bass than the 8"

What is going on here? How could this be? They are both 100's - shouldnt the 10" give more bass?

Please someone comment if you can. Now I don't know whether to take the 10" back or the 8" back. The connection is with the FAST system hooked to the RCA subwoofer out on my Alpine CDA-117. Thanks,

heavyduty 03-18-2011 10:10 AM

Re: 8" more bass than 10" - whats wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by classictuber (Post 30438)
After purchasing a BTA8100 I was finding there was not the bass I was looking for. SO - I decided to purchase a BTA10100.

I still have the 8100 so I was able to switch the cable from one to the other and really compare the difference... the difference? Well honestly it seems the 10" is giving me less bass than the 8"

What is going on here? How could this be? They are both 100's - shouldnt the 10" give more bass?

Please someone comment if you can. Now I don't know whether to take the 10" back or the 8" back. The connection is with the FAST system hooked to the RCA subwoofer out on my Alpine CDA-117. Thanks,

With all things being equal, you should notice an increase in bass (low frequency extension). If you haven't done so already, check your phase switch and any of your headunit settings.

How far away from the vehicle is the Tube mounted (woofer end)?

classictuber 03-18-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 30439)
With all things being equal, you should notice an increase in bass (low frequency extension). If you haven't done so already, check your phase switch and any of your headunit settings.

How far away from the vehicle is the Tube mounted (woofer end)?

I have the woofer end mounted about 3 inches from the back of my hatch. It is pointing straight back. It is right beside where the 8" is pointing. I have the phase switch and all headunit settings the same for both tubes. Both gains are cranked on the tubes. Upping the sub out on my headunit from 10-15(max) makes very little difference as well. (on either tube).

classictuber 03-18-2011 11:20 AM

There is a phase setting on my head unit. The options are 0 or 180. i have set at 180 as that gives the best response on the 8".

heavyduty 03-18-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classictuber (Post 30441)
There is a phase setting on my head unit. The options are 0 or 180. i have set at 180 as that gives the best response on the 8".

Have you tried switching to the High Level Inputs for your signal source? Give this a try (if only temporarily) and see if there is a change in output. :)47

classictuber 03-19-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyduty (Post 30443)
Have you tried switching to the High Level Inputs for your signal source? Give this a try (if only temporarily) and see if there is a change in output. :)47

you must be talking about the high level inputs from my head unit? I had the unit professionally installed along with the bazooka so I don't really know how to do this. I guess i have to take the dash apart and get to the back of the headunit to do this?

heavyduty 03-19-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classictuber (Post 30445)
you must be talking about the high level inputs from my head unit? I had the unit professionally installed along with the bazooka so I don't really know how to do this. I guess i have to take the dash apart and get to the back of the headunit to do this?

Yes, you will have to get to the back of the headunit to connect the High Level Inputs.